I am finding no information on this topic, so I thought I would see if you can help me: Where are good bird watching sites in the Seoul area? I live in Bundang (Jeongja), so obviously closer is better, but anywhere reasonably close would be great. Also, are there any groups that go out bird watching together? I am less-than novice, but I would love to find some good places to enjoy the hobby.
This is a tough one, but I did manage to find some pretty solid information for you. I do know that Korea has quite a few species if birds and is a great spot for migratory bird watching in the winter, but outside of that, I have no first-hand wisdom to offer. So, rather than assuming I know where the birds are, I'll provide you with some decent links on bird watching all over Korea.
* Birds Korea
* Travel-Wise Birds
* Bird Watching Trip Report
* Another Bird Watching Trip Report
* And another Bird Watching Trip Report
* And yet, another Bird Watching Trip Report
* The DMZ
* Cheonsuman International Birds Watching Fair
* Eulsukdo Migratory Bird Sanctuary
* Eco-Tourism in the Wetlands
* GORP Birdwatching in Korea
* A map of where the birds are
* A forum for bird watching in Korea
* A solid page full of useful websites related to birding
* Fat Birder
I know that's a ton of links and, honestly, there are a ton more, but these are the ones that I found particularly helpful.
If any readers happen to know more about this subject, please feel free to leave a comment with a link and I'll post it in the main text.