Thursday, August 6, 2009

English-Speaking Dentists in South Korea

Here's the question:
I have a cavity and it hurts! I need to see a dentist asap. There is a dentist in the building where I teach but he speaks no English (maybe a little, but not enough). I am anal about my teeth and would feel so much more comfortable if I could see a dentist that I could understand. Help?

I live in the Gangnam-gu area (near Daechi & Samseong station & Coex), I don't mind a short travel if necessary.

Many people are concerned about dentists in Korea. I've had some pretty rough cleanings during my time here, but have found a few trustworthy ones. Language became a huge concern for me after the the first guy I went to only understood "ouch" and I think that was about it. I now go to Chicago dental clinic in Gangnam, but since you're closer to COEX you should visit Tufts Dental.
From Samseong station ; Take Exit 5 , continue to walk down the road about 5 minutes, pass straight through an underground crosswalk at POSCO intersection, walk a couple more buildings passing by a Starbucks coffee store& Fed-ex, and look for 437 Teheran-ro. We are on the 3rd floor.



I think that should work well for you and since you can make an appointment online, I can't foresee any problems with them. For those of you curious about other English-speaking dentists in Korea, make sure to check out Galbijim's entry on the subject.

4 comments:

david said...

I live in Beomgye (Anyang) and there's a dentist in my building who speaks English. One of my co-workers recently had one of his wisdom teeth pulled there. If you're interested I'll try to get the information for it.

Ashish said...

Hey David, It's Ashish... I live near Byomgye and need to visit a dentist... Could u please be so kind to forward me his number and address on ashishawalgaonkar@yahoo.com or 010-3313-8437
THNX !

Dentist in Los Angeles said...

Teeth are very important part of human body and all should take care of teeth. In my view Cosmetic dentistry is about more than just repairing damage done to your teeth through time, lifestyle, or diet – it’s about making your smile a reflection of what you feel inside.

Dentist

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.