Friday, May 29, 2009

Do I need to send my original diploma to recruiters in South Korea?

Here's the question:

Hi there, I hope you can help me on this one...I was offered a placement to teach English in Korea through a recruiter that works with EPIK. Mix up on my part...I mailed in the photocopies of my notarized criminal background check and degree with the consulate seal to Korea instead of the "original" notarized CBC and degree. My recruiter still hasn't respond to me regarding this matter...only saying that they forwarded my package over to EPIK and see what EPIK have to say to that. But I am crunching on time and I am pretty nervous about all this. I really want to secure a placement in the public school system and do not want anything to go wrong! What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they can accept the photocopies or its better that I forward the "originals" to them?

Thank you so much in advance!

p.c.


I must say that I'm wondering why "original" is in quotes. Kidding.

I could tell you a few stories about how much I resisted sending my original diploma, but it sounds like your short on time.

Let me save you some trouble: Yes, you most definitely HAVE TO send your originals. In almost every case, they will demand the originals of most paperwork and the diploma must be the original, no questions asked.

Contact your recruiter again and tell them that you are going to send your stuff again. Some recruiters have a bad habit of "forgetting" about a specific individual.

Again, all official documents must be original copies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can also send a notarized copy of your diploma. It's a bit of a hassle but when the people at immigration ended up losing mine I was really glad I didn't send in my the original