Who are people using for regular concert and show info in Korea? Nothing seems consistent. I don't find regular, credible info on concerts in Korea on any single site. Am I missing something?
I talked about this here already and I figured I would add a little more to this. I have a feeling that I'll be answering a lot of these questions and since I seem to be getting a lot of hits from people searching for music in Korea, I should address those searches. I did find some more info, but as the questioner said, they're just isn't much consistency. I have noticed that the admins at Dave's tend to delete concert info, so cruising the forums there usually don't produce many results.
This is the best list I can come up with and I hope to continue adding to this as time goes by.
- Expat Advisory: They do a good job of listing some gigs around Seoul.
- Interpark: This Korean language site lists a bunch of artists, but most of the artists are Korean.
- Dope Entertainment: They seem to do pretty well with keeping metal listings current.
- 02Pro: It certainly isn't the clearest site, but if you're into electronic music then give it a try.
- Korean Punk: It's a Facebook site, but it lists some good sources for punk music.
- Festivals and Events in Korea: Another Facebook site. This one, however, is not that great and mostly ignores decent music.
- Broke in Korea: This is easily the best resource for punk music in Korea.
- Korea Gig Guide: My personal favorite for all types of tunes on the peninsula.
- Jambase: While it is easily my favorite music website, it just doesn't produce much for Korea.
- Worknplay: Most people use it as a job resource, they also have an entertainment page that is okay.
- Party Luv: The site is in Korean, but it is great for the club scene.
- Daejon Concerts: Another facebook group that is helping make the music scene in Daejon more accessible
I'm going to try and keep this list as current as possible and might even start a weekly update combining all the shows from those sites.
If anybody has any questions, just send me an email at email@example.com or leave a comment.